- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Founded in 1877, The Anderson News has a long history of journalism excellence.
The newspaper, located at 1080 Bypass South in Lawrenceburg, Ky., has won numerous awards for excellence in journalism and advertising from the Kentucky Press Association, including being named the state’s best newspaper in its class dozens of times.
It is clearly the place people turn to find out what’s going on in Lawrenceburg and Anderson County and where local and nearby businesses turn to deliver their advertising messages.
The paper has grown over the years from a privately owned product that was printed on-site in Lawrenceburg to one that is owned by Landmark Community Newspapers, headquartered in nearby Shelbyville.
The newspaper also produces a direct-mail product called The Anderson News Extra, which contains news items, puzzles and other items. It is delivered to 10,000 homes each week, including homes in nearby Waddy, Mount Eden and Salvisa.
As demand for new media grows, so does the importance of the newspaper’s Web site www.theandersonnews.com. Updated frequently with breaking news items, the website offers readers instant access to news from and about Lawrenceburg and offers a host of interactive features such as opinion polls, a community-based calendar and a message board.
The Web site is the most frequently visited locally hosted Web site in Anderson County, sporting tens of thousands of page views each month.
To discuss news-related items, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call News Editor Shelley Spillman at 502.839.6906 x-34.
For advertising information, e-mail one of our sales representative Tamara Smith at email@example.com.
Ben Carlson is Publisher of The Anderson News.