- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Founded in 1877, The Anderson News has a long history of journalism excellence.
The newspaper, located at 1080 Bypass South in Lawrenceburg, Ky., has won numerous awards for excellence in journalism and advertising from the Kentucky Press Association, including being named the state’s best newspaper in its class dozens of times.
It is clearly the place people turn to find out what’s going on in Lawrenceburg and Anderson County, and where local and nearby businesses turn to deliver their advertising messages.
The paper has grown over the years from a privately owned product that was printed on-site in Lawrenceburg to one that is owned by Landmark Community Newspapers, headquartered in nearby Shelbyville, where the paper is now printed.
The newspaper also produces a direct-mail product called The Anderson News Extra, which contains news items, puzzles and other items. It is delivered to over 12,000 homes each week, including homes in nearby Waddy, Mount Eden and Salvisa.
As the demand for new media grows, so does the importance of the newspaper’s website, www.theandersonnews.com.
Updated frequently with breaking news items, the website offers readers instant access to news from and about Lawrenceburg, and offers a host of interactive features such as opinion polls, a community-based calendar and a message board.
The website is the most frequently visited locally hosted website in Anderson County, sporting tens of thousands of page views each month.
The newspaper has eight full-time and two part-time employees, along with newspaper carriers.
For more information about the newspaper or to discuss news-related items, e-mail Publisher and Editor Ben Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advertising information, e-mail one of our sales representatives, Jack Watson at email@example.com, or Janie Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org.