- Special Sections
- Public Notices
City firefighters were able to save a couple’s Gatewood Drive home when a fire broke out in their bedroom Christmas Day.
Lawrenceburg Fire and Rescue Chief Robert Hume said firefighters were called to 125 North Gatewood around 6:30 p.m. when the home’s occupants, Billy Neal and Kathy Akins, reported that the ceiling in their bedroom was on fire.
Hume said the fire had spread into the home’s attic, forcing firefighters to remove some of the ceiling in two rooms and remove smoldering insulation.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Anderson News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.