.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire guts trailer on Lock Road

-A A +A
By Ben Carlson

An Anderson County man lost his Lock Road home and all of its contents in a fire late last Friday afternoon.

Charles Boyd wasn't home when the fire started, according to Anderson County Fire Chief Mike Barnes.

"When he came home, heavy smoke was puffing from the trailer," Barnes said. "He went across the road to the fellow who owns the property and called 911."

When firefighters arrived at the home, located near the end of Lock Road in the 1800 block, the trailer was fully engulfed, Barnes said.

"When we got there, there was heavy fire and one end had collapsed," Barnes said.

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to save anything."

The cause of the blaze has not been officially determined, but Barnes said he suspects electrical issues.

"We haven't pinned it down 100 percent," Barnes said. "But the indicators are that there were pre-existing electrical problems."

Also responding to the fire were Anderson County EMS and the Anderson County Sheriff's Office.

Barnes said no one was injured in the blaze.