Grant helps GED grads move toward college

-A A +A
By The Staff

A state grant will assist GED graduates transition into college, the Anderson County Adult Education Center announced.
Over the next 12 months, students who earn GED diplomas can apply for financial aid through FAFSA, complete college applications and research their college and career preferences on-line at the center, utilizing a special software program.
The program is designed to help graduates transition from the center to postsecondary programs in the state.
The transition program is also designed to help students enroll directly into classes that earn credits toward a college degree program. Many students enrolling in college today do not score high enough on college entrance exams to enroll in courses that earn credits toward graduation. They must take developmental courses in math and or composition writing first, according to the news release.
These courses cost students additional tuition fees and slow down their progress.
Call 839-3754 or visit the center at 219 East Woodford Street, Lawrenceburg, for more information. Hours are 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.