- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Dozens of homes had to be evacuated last Friday morning after a vehicle struck and ruptured a natural gas line on North Main Street.
The car snapped the above ground 1-inch line, allowing it to spew massive amounts of the highly flammable but invisible gas into the air. The line is located just off the shoulder of North Main, between a residence and the Stratmore Motel.
Fortunately, the gas didn’t ignite before emergency personnel cleared the area of vehicles and other potential ignition sources.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Anderson News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.