- Special Sections
- Public Notices
In partnership with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Frankfort Regional Medical Center and the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network are hosting an educational program on “Improving Treatments for Blood Cancers” by John Hayslip, MD, MSCR, assistant professor with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
The lecture will take place on June 29 from 6-8 p.m. at the Frankfort Medical Pavilion, Conference Room C (next to hospital). A complimentary dinner will be served. For more information, or to register, contact Debby Phillips at 800-955-2566 ext. 542 or Deborah.Phillips@lls.org.
Topics covered include:
• How to gather information you will need to help you make treatment decisions
• Questions to ask about the benefits and risks of standard treatment and treatment under study in clinical trials
• How new blood cancer treatments are developed and approved
• How to sort out the myths from the facts about clinical trials
• How to locate clinical trials that may be right for you
• How the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society can help