Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm (Updated: December 29, 3:52 pm)
50 YEARS AGO
December 22, 1960
Mrs. Carl Willard was seriously injured at her home on North Main when a coal stove exploded.
Mr. Willard and their son, Carl Willard Jr., were at the barn milking when the accident occurred.
According to reports, Mrs. Willard had lighted the stove, which had been formerly used as a laundry stove but was used as a heating stove and had new connections. It was believed that water had collected in some parts of the connections, causing the explosion.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Anderson News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Anderson News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
The Anderson News | email@example.com | 502-839-6906 P.O. Box 410, 504 W. Broadway, Suite D, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday