- Special Sections
- Public Notices
50 YEARS AGO
December 22, 1960
Mrs. Carl Willard was seriously injured at her home on North Main when a coal stove exploded.
Mr. Willard and their son, Carl Willard Jr., were at the barn milking when the accident occurred.
According to reports, Mrs. Willard had lighted the stove, which had been formerly used as a laundry stove but was used as a heating stove and had new connections. It was believed that water had collected in some parts of the connections, causing the explosion.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Anderson News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Anderson News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.