In going back over Mr. Shely’s columns in the four or five papers it took to run his places in Anderson County information, one was inadvertently left out. The columns ran in 1972.
Shely was a teacher and resident historian.
JOHNSONVILLE — Located 18 miles west of Lawrenceburg on U.S. 62. It was named for the first settler, David Johnson, who built a log house there about 1835. A post office was started in 1854 and the community was incorporated in 1856.
50 YEARS AGO
Feb. 22, 1962