.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
Photo furnished
This image shows flames bursting through the roof of a duplex early Friday morning at 133 Township Square. A woman and her son were able to escape uninjured but their home suffered significant damage.
Mom, son homeless after blaze rips through duplex

A fire early this morning caused significant damage to a duplex at 133 Township Square, leaving a woman and her son uninjured but temporarily homeless.

The fire was apparently caused by an electrical shortage in the home’s attic, according to City of Lawrenceburg Fire Chief Bobby Hume, who said firefighters were called out around 2:30 a.m.

“The whole attic was full of flames,” Hume said. “It had already come through the ceiling.”