A fire Thursday evening gutted a home on Alton Station Road, leaving a family of nine homeless and the father hospitalized with smoke inhalation.
Homeowner Toby McRoberts arrived home to see his house on fire before rushing inside to alert his son, Toby Jr., 18, to get out, according his wife, Donna McRoberts.
Toby McRoberts was overcome with smoke, but his son managed to escape out of the back of the home.
There was no immediate word on Toby McRoberts’ condition. His wife said one of their daughters traveled with him to the hospital.