50 YEARS AGO
Sept. 20, 1962
A dedication of the new building and a homecoming was held at the Van Buren Baptist Church.
The Rev. Lewis Searcy, pastor of the Verona Baptist church and former pastor at Van Buren, delivered the sermon. Assisting in the dedication was the Rev. Paul Clubb, Shepherdsville, also a former pastor.
The new concrete block building containing a sanctuary and approximately 10 classrooms was begun in 1958. The church was organized in 1950 and met several years in the old Van Buren schoolhouse.