Help available for eligible adult college students

-A A +A
By The Staff

Adult Kentuckians interested in taking college classes may be eligible for a Go Higher Grant administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), according to a news release.
Go Higher Grants are available to adults age 24 or older who are enrolled less than half-time at a participating Kentucky college or university.
Applicants must show financial need and be U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent residents, according to the news release.
They must also be seeking their first undergraduate degree.
The maximum award amount is $1,000.
To be considered for a grant, students must complete a Go Higher Grant application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Grant applications are available at www.kheaa.com. The FAFSA may be submitted online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
For more information, call Jerry Shaw, director of adult education at the Adult Learning Center, at 839-3754.